YOUTH CLIMATE AMBASSADORS
The Office of The Prime Minister and the Climate Change & Environmental Advisory Unit are now accepting applications for The Bahamas’ 2023–2024 Youth Climate Ambassadors.
As a Bahamas Youth Climate Ambassador, you will:
- Create a climate youth platform targeting Bahamian youth;
- Network with international youth programmes to draw attention to The Bahamas and its issues relative to climate change;
- Identify projects and programmes that can be implemented in The Bahamas to advance Action for Climate Empowerment (ACE) and its climate change and youth agenda;
- Liaise with the national ACE focal point to identify financial and technical support to advance the inclusion of Bahamians in international programmes and meetings related to climate change;
- Represent The Bahamas on matters of climate change, as appropriate;
- Participate in the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP28) in Dubai, UAE;
- Champion and provide leadership for The Bahamas’ Climate Youth Conference.
January 23rd, 2023
Participate in the first regional English-speaking climate change Conference of Youth and the first of its kind event to be hosted by The Bahamas.
Enter for your chance to add your voice and make an impact on the world stage at COP27, scheduled for November 7-18, 2022 in Egypt.