DEADLINE: JUNE 10TH, 2022
One Ocean. One Climate. One Future:
Our collective pathway to COP27 - centering Caribbean Youth in Climate Action.
The Office of The Prime Minister invites high school and tertiary level students to apply to be a participant of The Bahamas’ Youth and Climate Change Conference. The Conference aims to build capacity in the area of climate change for high school and tertiary level youth within the country and the Caribbean region. The Conference will be held from July 6th – 8th 2022 in The Bahamas and is expected to achieve the following outcomes:
- Bring global attention to the Caribbean Region and its vulnerability to climate change.
- Expose local youth to their international peers and inspire the next generation of climate and environmental activists, negotiators, and regional leaders.
- Prepare and enhance the capacity of youth delegations at the 27th Session of the Conference of the Parties (COP27) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and other UNFCCC related meetings.
- Elevate regional issues relative to climate change, climate risk and justice.
- Educate the global youth on matters of climate finance, loss and damage and health.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Requirements for registration:
- Applicants must submit complete applications by June 10 2022.
- Applicants must not be older than 30 years of age or younger than 14 years as of July 6th 2022.
- Applicants in high school must be in grades 10-13 to apply.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum age requirement MUST be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent.
- Applicants must have a valid passport.